Namecoin Core Client (with Qt Name Tab)
- Name wallet: includes graphical interface and command-line interface for registering, tracking, updating, and renewing names (if you don’t already have some namecoins, you’ll need to buy some at an exchange).
- Name lookup: allows looking up names (use in combination with ncdns or NMControl to browse .bit domains).
- Currency wallet: includes graphical interface and command-line interface for receiving and sending namecoins.
- Not suitable for mining.
Current release: 0.13.99-name-tab-beta1.
Mac OS X
OS X builds of Namecoin Core are not yet available. For now, either build Namecoin Core from source or use Namecoin Legacy.
Namecoin Legacy Client
- Use this instead of Namecoin Core if Namecoin Core doesn’t work or if you need OS X binaries.
- Not suitable for mining or development.
- Always wait for six confirmations.
- Backup your
wallet.datbefore enabling wallet encryption.
NMControl connects your browser/application to the client. It allows you, for example, to browse .bit domains. Source and installation instructions on Github.
Namecoin Core Client (Stable Release)
- No graphical interface for managing names.
- No binaries; only source code.
- Recommended for miners.
Help Us Test Betas
Want to help us test improvements in Namecoin? Check out the Beta Downloads page.